SpamAssassin charset rule problem in F8

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 24 18:51:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 10:42 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Agreed, this really pisses me off. However some people don't realize
> they're doing it because in certain Redmond-based mail clients

Yes, the clients in question often don't help by fostering bad
practices.  But it's always been bloody obvious to me that the reply
button is for a reply.

> I notice the OP is using one of the aforementioned clients.

So did I.  I often check such things.  I used to have the client header
showing on the message preview, but it uses up screen space.  I think
you get negative Brownie-points for using MS mail clients on a Linux
list...  ;-)

We get masses of email on some lists, if you can't sort it sensibly, it
becomes a right mess.  Many will sort by threads, and completely ignore
threads that don't interest them.  Hijacks in the middle may well be
missed by the person with the answer to the question in the wrong place.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.