Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 25 08:17:16 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> You should have been informed about this when you subscribed.

Ric Moore:
> Tim, I went to the subscribe area and didn't the the link nor the
> suggestions listed there. Sacrileges! :) Ric

On most other lists that I subscribe to, you get this kind of
information when you subscribe as part of the process (on the
subscription page, or the confirmation emails).

I know you don't like "shoulds," but the subscription process really
should provide usage information to the new subscriber as part of the
process.  It's rather hard for newcomers to know what's expected if they
were never informed about it.  And it's no good putting the information
somewhere else that they haven't seen before, or during, subscribing.

I read messages from the public lists.