Help Requested in Choosing a Power Linux Laptop/Notebook with Multimedia.

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 23:33:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 17:29 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> > I'd say get a Dell, everything worked on the F8 install I did but they
> > have that stupid dell media direct button which will hose your install
> > in seconds.....
>
> If you remove the hidden restore partition, does that button still cause
> self destruction?

I haven't tried it again but I used the whole drive on install of
fedora originally and again to reinstall, so best guess is its in some
sort of built onto the board mechanism, i'd try it again but my gf
probably wouldn't appreciate me doing that on purpose a second time
just to test a theory. I am pretty sure its built into the MOBO
though.

Max