ldconfig vs f8 ????

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Wed Apr 30 19:08:15 UTC 2008

Gene Heskett wrote, On 04/30/2008 02:54 PM:
> Greetings;
>
> Can anyone explain the reason why F8, by default, does not
> include /usr/local/lib in its working pathlist?
>
> I just had to add another file naming it in /etc/ld.so.conf.d
>
> I don't recall ever having to do that in any previous incarnations of fedora,
> it was always there.

Been that way since at least FC4.
I have a script that installed some stuff in /usr/local for fc4 and it had to
    echo "/usr/local/lib" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/usrlocal-i386.conf
for those programs to work.

we forget these things, when we install using .spec files that default to
putting all programs in /usr/ vs /usr/local. :)

--
Todd Denniston