messed-up encoding

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 13:47:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 12:51 +0000, g wrote:

> Björn Persson wrote:
> > söndagen den 3 augusti 2008 skrev g:
> >> what is program???
> >
> > Miro with an acute accent on the o.
>
> thank you. i am now pulling *miro* from getmiro.com, which by the way,
> **does not** use 'acute accent' on their site.

This is true. Perhaps the OP used the accent because he thinks the app
is named after the Catalan artist Joan Miró, though the site doesn't
appear to say this. OTOH, "miro" without an accent is Spanish for "I
watch", so who knows? I mailed the devs about it sometime last year
(when they changed the name) but they never gave a straight answer.

poc