How to view You Tube videos using Free Software? Read on...

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Aug 3 20:50:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 01:38:32PM -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> I visted a site that requires flash and I get the following:
>
> You need to install the Macromedia Flash Player plug-in to view all content on this page. Do you want to download this plug-in now?

It's not a browser plugin, it's a a rich Multimedia application for your
viewing pleasures :)

> Also I tried to watch a controversial video from you tube called the Root of all Evil
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2epvSAGuLc

For that video, just put it's video id code ( X2epvSAGuLc ) into the search
field and tell Miró to search on YouTube.

> But still thank you for sharing this, I will try it on i686 machine and maybe there it will work.

I think you misused it. It's totally unrelated to the browser, it's
another app sitting in the MultiMedia applications menu... :)

Rui

--
Wibble.
Today is Setting Orange, the 69th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?