Help, please! xserver or evdev and laptop keyboard

kwhiskerz kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 21:46:25 UTC 2008

I tried that, but it refused to start X with the generated file. The message
said something about some intel module not existing. Very strange, as that
module is not loaded, now that I have sort of solved the problem.

What I did was sftp the old archived xorg.conf from my desktop and now the
laptop keyboard works.

The problem remains, however, as one is not supposed to use an xorg.conf at
all, and it was working just fine without right up until last week when I
installed those updates (likely the xserver ones, I think).

So, how can I have a laptop keyboard and no xorg.conf, like one is supposed to
do?