OT: Re: Replies to newbies

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 5 15:45:01 UTC 2008

Les wrote:
<snip>

greetings chief,

kicked a few 'barrel babies' butts, eh?  ;o))

i was a 'bus boy'. work on 'pocket rockets' at tyndall afb, adc,
panama city, fl, in early 60's.

do not recall name of navy base there, mine sweepers, from where
i did meet a few chiefs, so i well know how you ?people? are.

this whole mess came about simple because i used 'hell' and it was
taken offensively. not my intent.

i guess i was too excited about finding something to replace
'adobe flash', which i have yet to get to work. nor do i really
care to.

i have been thru a few years myself, and i have learned many ways to
express feelings. both with and without 'profanity'. but there just seem
to be times when 'profanity fits the bill' better than 'heck', 'darn',
'shucks', and such.

all in all, my reason for putting a 'private post' on this list was to
see just how many took offense to my word selection. mainly, my concern
was that of op that i replied to.

as you can see from thread, he was not offended, nor were many others.

what was really interesting was 1 poster who judged me by my reply and
thought that i do not know how to use proper words. i did have a good
laugh about it, because if he had taken time to reread what i wrote, it
would/should have become very apparent of what i was doing and if he had
looked back thru any of my other post, he would have been well aware
that i can and do express my self very well. therefore my reply to him
was as it was. and i do believe it was adequate and fitting.

i really enjoyed words from a couple of posters, from other threads, who
also thought that they know me. one even to a point of making threats.
very immature.

anyway, glad to hear from you. may your ship of life float a long time.

- --

tc,hago.

.