FC9: can't find iostat command

Stewart Williams lists at pinkyboots.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 20:45:12 UTC 2008

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Stewart Williams wrote:
>> I am intregued by the "*/" in your yum command. Is that to make yum
>> match the filename on it's absolute path?
>
> Indeed.  If yum see the / in the patter, it will consult the file list
> metadata.  Normally, yum tries to avoid using the file list metadata
> because it is quite large compared to the other metadata.

Looks like it's definitely useful to know and I should now get the
results I require.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think I've ever seen this in yum's manpage
before. If not then why isn't it in a relevent(tips?) section?

Even though the yum manpages are good, I can't help but think manpages
as a whole on Linux are not as informative as they used to be;
especially newer commands and not to mention missing ones ... but that's
for a different thread :-#