Intel 965GM chipset with compiz

John Priddy jpriddy at redhat.com
Sat Aug 9 05:12:25 UTC 2008

Is anyone out there using this chipset on FC9 with acceptable video
performance?  My performance issues are especially noticeable when
'scrolling' (for lack of a better word).  It is awful running mozilla,
but its pretty poor using nautilus as well as others.  glxgears
framerate is in the single digits.  Below is output from glxinfo:

name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2

Strangely enough, things I would expect to really drag such as 'spinning
the cube' and others are very smooth.  Everything was perfect under FC8
-- I know there were some changes in terms of the Intel driver between
FC8 and FC9 though...

Thanks

--
John Priddy