Broken F8 driver for e-Sata chip

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sat Aug 9 09:29:16 UTC 2008

On Fri,  8 Aug 2008 17:28:39 -0700 (PDT)
"Dean S. Messing" <deanm at sharplabs.com> wrote:

> Can someone (Alan?) give me some help on this.
> What is the current status of this driver?

Tejun Heo got the driver working sort of based on the minimal data sheet
available. Initio promised info but then went silent whenever asked but
recently threw an updated driver over the wall. From that Tejun updated
the in kernel driver and it now works well.

So basically you need a pretty current kernel (eg 2.6.26.x) and all will
spring to life.

Alan