Project Stick In The Mud :-)

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 01:33:02 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Russell Miller <duskglow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>

>> Seems like PulseAudio is the way forward towards reducing the myriad
>> of "other ways". What problem do you have with it besides that it is
>> new?
>>

> If PulseAudio is what comes standard with FC9... guess what.  It doesn't
> work.  The drivers don't recognize my sound card.  I haven't yet been able
> to *get* it to work either.  If it weren't for my windows laptop I'd
> probably just go back to Gentoo.

I'm sorry to hear that... but I don't think PulseAudio has anything to
do with drivers. As I understand it, it's more of an abstraction
system so applications need not support, ALSA, OSS, etc.. just
PulseAudio.

But of course, if your hardware isn't being recognized by the kernel,
PulseAudio is useless to you.

( www.pembo13.com )