Fedora Install Using DVD and HTTP

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun Aug 10 17:06:44 UTC 2008

Tod writes:

> I have a web server with a DVD drive, and a server with only a CD ROM
> drive.  How can I install fedora on the server over the network using
> HTTP?

Very easy.

>       I've searched around but haven't found a method that matches my
> particular situation.  Any ideas?

On the install DVD you will find the file /images/boot.iso.  Burn that as an
ISO file onto a CD, and you'll end up with a bootable install CD.

Now, take the DVD, and mount it on the web serverl, and start Apache. Take
the bootable CD, boot the server with it, start the installer, and tell it
to do an http install.