Project Stick In The Mud :-)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:50:00 UTC 2008

2008/8/10 Russell Miller <duskglow at gmail.com>:
> 454127
>
> And it was closer to a month ago than two months.  My bad.  Still a long
> time though.

What the specfile does goes against existing guidance.  If you want
static libs then the package should provide a -static subpackage.  For
example  look at how zlib is done.  yum list "zlib*"

If you are going to step up and be a maintainer, I would strongly
encourage you to approach this like you are submitting a new package,
and make sure you understanding the existing packaging guidance that
informs package submissions and reviews.

You can start here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers

-jef