Ubuntu v Fedora on an Inspiron

jeffrey.berger at mac.com jeffrey.berger at mac.com
Tue Aug 12 12:32:43 UTC 2008

[was Re: burning iso image on a Mac]

I'm just starting to play around with Linux. A couple of days ago, I
installed Ubuntu on my Inspiron 7500. When I switch from one
application to another by clicking (say) on a Firefox window when Help
is in the foreground, it takes many seconds before the newly selected
application is available and the screen properly refreshed. I'm
planning on installing Fedora. Is it likely to be any faster?

Thanks,
-J
On Aug 11, 2008, at 9:36 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 21:07 -0500, jeffrey.berger at mac.com wrote:
>> Another question:
>>
>> I tried Ubuntu on my Inspiron 7500, but context switching was sooooo
>> slooooow it drove me crazy. Will Fedora be any swifter?
>
> (Please don't top-post on mailing lists. It makes threads harder to
> read).

Thanks Patrick.