F8 vs F9

Lyvim Xaphir knightmerc at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 22:05:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 22:04 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 August 2008 19:56, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> > >
> > > I presume you mean for accelerated desktop effects?  Certainly for
> > > 'normal' use there is no problem.
> >
> > "Normal" is folks who want to get the money out of their hardware as
> > opposed to a GNU cultist that's willing to accept substandard behavior
> > in the driver
> >
> No idea what you are talking about, Lyvim.  I tend to make my hardware last a
> long time, and I certainly don't fit the description in that sentence.
> Despite that I have had no problems whatsoever with an ATi card.  I qualify
> it only in that I have not had any interest in compiz etc., and I do know
> that some people have had problems there - probably most ATi users.

> > > Utter rubbish.
> >
> > According to Queene Anne?  BFD.
> >
> According to someone who prefers facts to slurs.  KDE4 is not yet complete,
> but 95% of most people's needs are now available.  If you prefer not to learn
> a new way of working that's your choice, but don't insult those of us to are
> willing to learn.

While you on the other hand need to learn some respect with others that
have a different opinion than yours; if you don't want a snippy
response, then watch what comes out of your keyboard.  Don't start an
insult and then get on the red carpet with a crown saying you've been
insulted.  Just cause you ride high with your own opinion doesn't mean I
happen to share it; I've got F9 here and it looks like a gnome
regression.  It's not KDE anymore, it's gnome, with the accompanying
lack of sophistication.  That might change but as of right now that's
the way it is.  Fangirl sophistry and drama don't substitute for
technical evaluation.  Neither does GNU Flagellant cultism.

> > > Nothing wrong with 3.5, but remember that if you install F8 now it will
> > > be unsupported in a very short time.
> >
> > That depends on who's doing the supporting.
> >
> No it doesn't.

Yes it does.

> Anne

LX