Where the h%^&^%$#! is KDE 4.1 ? Part II

lostson lostson at lostsonsvault.org
Thu Aug 14 00:38:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 15:43 -0600, linuxguy wrote:
> Its now 2 weeks past the end of July, when we were told KDE 4.1 would
> ship.  I've been stuck with this crappy, half working KDE 4.0 interface
> for 6 weeks.  You could say I'm a bit miffed.
>
> Say whatever you want about Fedora being bleeding edge, etc, but this is
> by far the worst release Fedora and Redhat has ever done.   As far as I
> am concerned, the KDE team has knocked the credibility of Linux, Fedora
> and the KDE team itself way, way back.
>
> I am very disappointed with the current state of the Linux desktop as
> demonstrated in F9.  The people that allowed KDE4.0 to ship in F9 showed
> a huge lapse in judgement.
>
> Still upset about being stuck with KDE4.0,
> LG

 Listen you need to relax there are several people working on KDE 4.1
but there has been some initial show stoppers right now that are being
worked through. Like it has been said before you are more than welcome
to use the updates-testing repo and install 4.1. If you do you will be
very happy with it I assure you. But to once a week launch this thread
showing only your ignorance does nothing to help the effort to push 4.1
out to users. Please be patient good things come to those who wait.
--
LostSon

http://lostsonsvault.org