Persistant Problem making connections in Konqueror

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 14 16:40:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:13:58PM +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Dave Feustel wrote:
>> I have now upgraded to the test version of kde 4.1 and I am still having
>> connection problems with Konqueror for sites that always work with
>> Firefox. I have been visiting these sites daily for quite a while, but
>> about a month ago Konqueror started reporting connection failures
>> (unknown error) for about 10-15% of my destinations. When I tretry the
>> site with Firefox the connections work, only to fail again when I retry
>> Konqueror. I was hoping the upgrade to 4.1 would eliminate this problem,
>> but that did not happen.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Supply a list of URLs for others to check in order to attempt to
> eliminate your particular system as having the problem.

https://webmail.atl.earthlink.net/wam/blocklist.jsp?page=/spamblocker.jsp&x=-1008967592

This location has failed three times today with the error 'unknown host'

This location succeeds with Firefox. (Note that I much prefer Konqueror
and would not be running firefox at all if I were not having connection
problems with Konqueror).