Need application suggestions for ripping to Cowon A3 PVP

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Aug 14 19:14:52 UTC 2008

Dean S. Messing wrote:
> I have little experience with CD ripping so your kind help wd. be
> appreciated.  I have purchased a Cowon A3 (60GB) PMP for my daugther.
> She has asked me to load up a selection of her classical music CD's
> (83 of them!)  on the Cowon.  It does not use ID3 tags so I'll
> organise things myself, probably by composer
>

> Dean

Generally speaking any current CD ripper (in GNOME it's Grip isn't it?)
and I use KaudioCreator in KDE will hit CDDB and give you plenty of
options to fill in ID3 tags on the fly for those CD's you have.
Assuming of course they aren't self created CD's.  That should be more
than adequate for your needs.

As for the Mac part of it, I don't really think it matters unless you
plan on ripping the CD's on that Mac.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support