Cannot boot after the last updates

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sat Aug 16 00:12:43 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, den 15.08.2008, 20:00 -0400 schrieb Paul Smith:
> After the last updates were installed, I cannot boot in my machine: it
> stops when the line
>
> GRUB
>
> appears on the screen. Any ideas how to repair the problem? I am running F9.

Had the same problem here. Reason was here, that the UID of the LVM
partitions (on top of a nvidia fake raid) got mixed up. UID where used
in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file and in /etc/fstab.

I booted from DVD in rescue mode, mounted the partitions manually and
modified the files using the /dev/mapper/...  notation
(or /dev/Vol00/... in my case). There was no need to re-install grub
into the MBR or something like this.

Peter