Network printer setup,

Vincent Onelli vonelli at optonline.net
Sat Aug 16 19:51:14 UTC 2008

Hi,

Is there some body that can help me to setup a printer? I am new on
Linux, and most of the entry required I do not know what to enter in.
I had send similar message before but I did not get any answer. I
understand your have a large number of messages to get to, but please
try to understand our new user problem, without your help we could not
survive very long with Linux, I have several friends that tried Linux
for a short period of time and then abandon it. I am the stubborn one,
but now I am stuck,I need to use this printer it is the only one that I
have to print on paper 17x22.
I very much appreciate if some one can give me a detailed guideline on
what to enter on various setup phase, one answer I received pointed me
to http://localhost:631 but then what I enter to various steps? I try to
enter some thing but Icould not get pass the verification stage the user
or the password were not accepted, I assume that it want the root PW but
I also tried the user PW, no luck.
Some info on my system:
     Dell Dimension 8300.
     Netgear router WGR614v6
     Printer Server Netgear PS101
     Printer Epson Stylus Color 1520
 It work fine with windows and these are the setting as listed on the
 Router:     Printer Server Netgear PS101. Lan manager printer port
PSE6D76B
                             Printer server port    LPT1:PSE6D76B
                             Server Name             PSE6D76B
                             IP Address              192.168.1.3

Epson Setup:                 Name                    Epson1520
                             Hostname                192.168.1.3
                             Queue                   PSE6D76B

Thank you in advance
 Vinny