network vs NetworkManger services ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat Aug 16 22:02:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 16:52 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> >

> The way "service network status" works is that it uses the ip
> command to get the list of interfaces that are up. So the list will
> be the same if they are controlled by the network or the
> NetworkManager service. Or if you brought them up manually using the
> ifconfig command.)

Ok Mikkel. that makes sense.

Then why is my system-config-services showing network at all; much less
as disabled, but running and it won't stop.  Or, do I have some
misinformation here -- that 'network' shouldn't be showing in
system-config-services if NetworkManager is enabled and running?  I was
told (or read) that a couple of weeks ago!!

> --
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3
Evo.2.22.3.1, Emacs 22.2.1