network vs NetworkManger services ?? [SOLVED] kinda

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Aug 16 23:20:11 UTC 2008

William Case wrote:

> So why can't I get rid of 'network' entirely?  I understand that
> 'network' is not an application to be removed, but something is sticking
> it in the list of services.  With NetworkManager running, 'network' is
> not a service I need.  So why confuse the issue?

It is handy for people that need the network to be up when no-one is
 logged in. On my desktop, I use the network service instead of hte
NetworkManager service because there are a couple of cron jobs that
need the network connection. I may not be logged in all the time,
but the computer normally runs 24/7.

Mikkel