Bluetooth headset in Fedora 9

Steve Repo scmuser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 07:48:20 UTC 2008

2008/8/18 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>

> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:12:34 +0530
> scmuser at gmail.com ("Steve Repo") wrote:
>
> > I have fedora 9 x86_64 install with all updates up-to-date.
> >
> > I have Belkin USB dongle that works with my Motorola Phone (I can
> > browse my phone over bluetooth)
> >
> > I bought a Jabra 125 bluetooth headset that workswith my Motorola
> > Phone.
> >
> > I want to use this headset with fedora for making calls via ekiga.
> >
> > I have no clue how to get this going. I found a sad link here,
> > http://fedorasolved.org/post-install-solutions/bluetooth-headset-config
>
> That link is out of date/no longer the way to do things. ;)
>
> Instead take a look at:
>
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices
>
> Basically you should just need to populate your ~/.asoundrc with your
> headsets bluetooth address and it should work.
>
> Sadly, here I get the "sco packet for unknown connection" error, which
> is apparently a kernel issue with encrypted/non encrypted
> connections. ;(
>
> Hope that helps, and please let us know how it goes.

I created a .asoundrc file and was successful in pairing my headset,
However nothing else is working.
This is on mplayer
<snip>
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_bluetooth.c:1505:(audioservice_recv) Error receiving
data from audio service: Success(0)
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_bluetooth.c:1521:(audioservice_expect) Bogus message
BT_SETCONFIGURATION_REQ received while BT_SETCONFIGURATION_RSP was expected
[AO_ALSA] Unable to set hw-parameters: Invalid argument
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound
</snip>

I found another post on getting the headset to work. It might help you.
http://fedoraforum.org/forum/printthread.php?t=190468

I get even though pulseaudio service is running,
Connection failure: Connection refused
Connection failure: Connection refused

when running,
pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device=bluetooth
pactl load-module module-alsa-source device=bluetooth

This whole fedora implemetation seem to be a big mess of infinite
dependencies and broken things. Who whould no pulseaudio volume control is
not part of pulse audio and not installed by default? Google is your friend
for everything.

Anyway, I'm out. I'll try this only if there is something promising or a
fedora developer who knows this stuff is willing to help to get this going.

Steve