cups start problem

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 09:15:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 15:52 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> When I restart cups the stop goes well but the start takes a very long
> time placing in the cups error.log the lines below. This happened after
> I installed a new hplip file. Clearly something is wrong with the
> laoding  of something that is not loading fast enough.

What version of cups are you using (rpm -q cups), and what new hplip
file did you install?

It would be useful if you could file a bugzilla report about this,
including that error_log snippet.

Could you please turn on debug logging ('cupsctl --debug-logging' as
root) and run 'service cups restartlog' (which stops cupsd, clears out
the error_log file, and starts cupsd again), then attach the resulting
error_log to the bug report?  That would be great.

Tim.
*/