Googlesmithing for beginnners

Frode Petersen fropeter at online.no
Tue Aug 19 09:50:46 UTC 2008

Dave Burns skrev:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Frode Petersen <fropeter at online.no> wrote:
>> Dave Burns skrev:
>>> Does anyone know a really handy way to search the archives?  Googling
>>> by hand with site:https://www.redhat.com/archives as one of the terms
>>> will do it, but awkwardly.
>> You can use quick searches in firefox.
>>

> You could use that if there was a search box somewhere on
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/, but there's not.

I was thinking of a bookmark like this:
keyword: rha
url:	 http://www.google.com/search?&q=%s%20site%3Aredhat.com/archives

Trying it with 'rha goldsmithing', though, I couldn't find this thread...
Still, the OP's ati example gave a lot of hits. Wonder why.

Maybe there's more to this than I first thougt.. :-)

FP

I was