[OT] Machine won't boot

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at panet.co.yu
Wed Aug 20 08:27:20 UTC 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008 14:07, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at panet.co.yu> writes:
> > What could fail and induce such behavior?
>
> Another thing to do is check the motherboard carefully for burnt parts
> or leaky capacitors.

Yeah, I know of the low-quality-capacitors-in-the-old-motherboards problem.
But would the bios setup run with no problems with capacitors on the
motherboard faulty? I'll look into it, but somehow I doubt that they are the
cause. It is some part of hardware that gets initialized only *after* the
bios, during boot. But then again, I can't be sure.

But anyway, thanks for the thought! :-)

:-)
Marko