Hp P1005

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 22:01:35 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am trying to install a new HP LaserJet P1005 on my FC7 machine,
but it just do not work and I am lost !!!

It looks like that I need hplip.

So originally, I hade the version for fc7 (1.7.4a-6).
Then I installed the 2.8.7 version from the tar file.
I was able to do hp-toolbox, hp-setup, etc... but it always fails in
detectting properly the printer even it is was here more or less.
So I though that it may be a conflict between the 1.7.4 version and the
new 2.8.7 (which is coming with the new distribution).
So I deinstalled the 1.7.4, expecting that I would have the same
functionalities from the 2.8.7. So I even reinstall the 2.8.7 after all.
But I list all the fonctionnality, like the hp-toolbox, etc....
I looks like that 2.8.7 and 1.7.4 do not install the same think at all !!!
There is not much documentation about this.

Anyway, if some botdy has some experience with a printer HP P1005 and
FC7, maybe he could tell me.

Regards

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk