Signing for fedora-announce with fedora-list (was Infrastructure status, 2008-08-16 UTC 1530)

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Thu Aug 21 15:31:04 UTC 2008

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:27 AM, Marcelo M. Garcia
> <marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>>
>>> In all fairness, I don't think it is too much of an assumption that
>>> people would subscribe to the fedora-announce-list for announcements.
>>> The fedora-list has always been for troubleshooting.
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#Mailing_Lists
>>>
>>> Aside from personally sending you an email, how would you suggest that
>>> it be made more clear. Perhaps your suggestion can be implemented.
>>>

>> Hi.
>>
>> A suggestion to the people of the Fedora web site lists.
>>
>> If it's so "natural" for a user to sign fedora-announce, this should be
>> stated in the web page, something like "It is highly recommend if you are
>> signing for fedora-list". One step further is to put a option (like a check
>> box) to sign for announce when signing for fedora-list.
>>
>> And to make users happy, a guide on how to create filters to different
>> lists.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Marcelo
>

> Why can't people just read http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate
> and come to a decision on what lists they want to be on? What's with
> all the hand holding?
>
> --
> Fedora 7 : sipping some of that moonshine
> ( www.pembo13.com )
>
> --

why does everybody expect, that enduser search their information? If it is important, it
has to be brought...i think...

they are interested in having a working distro, not being subscribed in list here and
list there and list everywhere. and perhaps, it would be nice, if they get an info, if
something is not working. even your browser brings the information, if internet is not