SELinux Error

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Aug 21 16:45:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:19:15 -0500,
  John Doe <hommeentete at gmail.com> wrote:

> SELinux is preventing ifconfig (ifconfig_t) "read" to
> /var/lib/dhclient/dhclient-eth0.leases (dhpc_state_t).
>

> It recommended doing a
>
> restorecon -v '/var/lib/dhclient/dhclient-eth0.leases'
>
> and I did that but the error still persists.
>
> Does anyone have some advice?

This looks like a bug and you should probably file one. Copy dwalsh at redhat.com
on it.

You can use audit2allow to make a local module that you can install that
will fix the problem pending a bug fix (or other resolution). The man
page for audit2allow has directions on how to do this.
You probably will want to review the audit2allow output to see if other
things have shown up and decide if you want to allow those or not before
follow the rest of the instructions.