initial ramdisk with NFS support

Luca lucarx76 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 00:29:08 UTC 2008

Hi all,
 I'm using Fedora 8 x86_64.

 I'm trying to build an initial ramdisk which is capable of mounting a
directory through NFS. I was able to do that with the 32 bit version. In
that case my initial ramdisk had portmap (and the needed library). After
starting portmap I was able to mount a directory from a NFS server. Now if I
try to use rpcbind I get a lot of errors like
rpcbind: Cannot get local address fro udp: servname not supported for
ai_socktype
rpcbind: Cannot get local address fro tcp: servname not supported for
ai_socktype
rpcbind: cannot get uid of 'rp': No such file or directory

Is it possible with fedora 8 (the 64 bits version) to have an initial
ramdisk which mounts a directory through NFS?

Thanks!

Luca