Java applets not starting F-9 , firefox-3

Per Anton Rønning pa-ronn at online.no
Sun Aug 24 15:55:09 UTC 2008

Per Anton Rønning wrote:
> TV Sivaraman wrote:
>> Hi:
>> I also experienced the same problem, so I switched over to SUN Java.
>> I did this as per instructions given at
>> http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f9.html#java. You may
>> test the status of your browser with http://webapps.ou.edu/it/browser.
>> Sivaraman.
My PC is only 2-3 weeks old in my possesion and this is my first
encounter with Fedora 9.
(Earlier I was running Fedora Core 5)
The only screen resolution option I have now is 640x488, and I would
like to change that.
So I took a look at the ../resources/.. site, where I found instructions
for downloading Nvidia-driver:

$yum install kmod-nvidia , nvidia installation through Livna.

Installation went OK , and I did reboot the PC as recommended,
but no change, and the PC does not identify the LCD. It is "unknown" to it.
It is configured as Vesa, which I guess is the best option when nothing
else is known.
But I saw a message flashing over the screen on bootup stating something about
the Nvidia driver - it would not take effect until.... something I
did not manage to read before it vanished.
Does anyone know what I should be looking for? (I did demsg, but no trace of the message
there)

Brgds
PAR

(