Fedora and Alpha

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Aug 24 19:56:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Seann Clark wrote:

>   I am wondering, what the last revision of Fedora (if any) supported a
> DEC Alpha based system? I have an old Alpha with NT4 on it (eew) and am
> looking at something to put on this for it to be a good workstation, and
> to have a few fun choices. I am looking at Alphalinux as one but I
> remember quiet a few distro's used to support this platform. I am also
> wondering if anyone out there is doing this and using an alpha still.

 	To be honest I'd probably go with NetBSD (or FreeBSD if you like)
for this.  I have an UltraSPARC 5 that's to underpowered for current
Solaris versions and I've been thinking of doing that with it.

 	Just an option to keep in mind.

Joe

--
Interesting Boring Blog - http://x-nc.blogspot.com
A combination of insight and inanity for your reading pleasure