non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.co.uk
Mon Aug 25 14:24:10 UTC 2008

* Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> [20080825 16:06]:
> Thomas Cameron wrote:
>> I understand
>> that the path to recovery from this kind of breach is incredibly
>> painful, and there are numerous folks managing that recovery.
>
> Knowing that, doesn't it bother you that your system is very likely
> vulnerable to the same exploit - and that there are people who know how
> to do it?

You are making assumptions Les. You don't know how the perpetrator
gained access. (Well, I am assuming you don't, but if you do, feel
free to enlighten the rest of us.)

Until it's disclosed how (and where, when and why) - getting worked up
over it is wasted energy.

Congratulations on the very selective quoting as well.

/Anders