FEDORA8: NOT GETTING TO DESKTOP AFTER MAKING LOGIN

ankur at chivalrysystems.com ankur at chivalrysystems.com
Tue Aug 26 06:41:41 UTC 2008

HI,

I am using fedora 8 and facing a serious trouble of Not getting on to my
desktop or getting to it after 10 – 15 minutes. I have reinstalled fedora
8 and it has started showing me the same problem again but after a month
of daily usage. The system is generally used for around 10 hours per day
and fedora is being used as a SERVER OS to run MYSQL(auto start) &
JBOSS(started manually in terminal - no auto start). It has been confirmed
from an engineer that there is no hardware problem.

During booting of Fedora almost all the processes starts very quickly and
I am being directed to the login window within minutes. But PROBLEM STARTS
AFTER THIS WHEN I MAKE LOGIN EITHER THROUGH ROOT OR AS A NORMAL USER THEN
IT DOES NOT SHOW DESKTOP FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME. the shocking thing is
that this problem is not consistent i.e. it happens sometimes and not on a
regular basis. But if it happens then my jboss does not work.

FACT:
Following 2 files always give a me failure report but still without them
my system reaches to desktop quickly. SO THESE SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS
A REASON BEHIND THE PROBLEM.

During booting of fedora the file that does not start is as follows:
Cups 					[failed]
During shutting down of fedora the file that does not stop is as follows:
Irqbalance				[failed]

Can somebody give me a solution to this problem
..????

Best Regards,
Ankur