The Scope and Ownership of fedora-list

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Aug 26 16:57:28 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:

> You're absolutely right that it might not help attract more experts, but
> it certainly couldn't hurt to clearly let users know what to expect on
> this list, could it?  I don't take your statement to mean you don't want
> other helpers on this list, so if more people feel this is a good place
> to grow mutual support for using Fedora, I think you'd agree that's a
> worthy goal.

Anything that would bring in more experts would be excellent.

I must say, I have asked many queries on the list on many aspects of Fedora,
and had satisfying answers to almost all of them -
most of the useful answers, I should say,
coming from a very small phalanx of experts.

Of the many lists and newsgroups I subscribe to,
I would put the fedora list and comp.text.tex equal first,
with sci.math unchallenged holder of the bottom place.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366