NetworkManager and special routing

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 20:10:33 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Phil Meyer <pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com> wrote:
> However, the system-config-network tool also edits
> /etc/sysconfig/static-routes which is obeyed by NetworkManager (I believe).

I don't have /etc/sysconfig/static-routes. What's supposed to be in
that file? Or how do I coax system-config-network (or whatever) to
create it?

When I set up the route, system-config-network created
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth0. The file is still there,
but NetworkManager apparently doesn't care about that one.

> Let us know if you get it working.
>
> We have some systems here that use cell cards to dial out, but still need
> access to internal networks via dhcp.  We use /etc/sysconfig/static-routes
> to manage that.  These systems do NOT use NetworkManager, but the principle
> should be the same.
>
> Good Luck!

Thanks!