ACPI messages in syslog

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Aug 27 20:41:51 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

> ----
> I'm not sure that noacpi is an option...perhaps you mean noacpi=1
>
> you can also boot with the param 'acpi=off' but that is what is known as
> the 'big hammer'
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelCommonProblems
>
> Craig

Okay, I've asked that question a dozen times on here, what's the option
to shut off acpi.  I've been told 'noacpi' every time.  Not 'noacpi=1'.
  I've also been told acpi=off doesn't work/isn't used any more.

Used to I'd add noacpi,acpi=off to my kernel boot line.  Then I was told
acpi=off wasn't used (or whatever).  So, now I'm really confused.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support