Folder permissions and Samba - question

Bob Latham bob.latham at castlehigh.plus.com
Thu Aug 28 07:39:00 UTC 2008

In article <4fd5d0097ebob.latham at castlehigh.plus.com>,
   Bob Latham <bob.latham at castlehigh.plus.com> wrote:

> > If you are running SELinux, you will also need to set the context of
> > the folders to system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0

OK, I've worked out how to disabled SELinux and done it so we needn't
worry about that for now.

It wasn't the problem though as I can still only seem to share home
directories.

I just shared a home directory and then changed the path in smb.conf to
point to another directory that I had copied permissions from the
original. Now my client machine says the share does not exist.

Sorry to follow up my own post.

Thanks for your help.

Bob.