The Scope and Ownership of fedora-list

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 19:15:17 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>> _AND_ keep in mind that this has next-to-nothing to do with Nvidia or
>> other vendor-provided drivers, commercial software (even free - in the
>> original sense - stuff like VMware, flash, realplayer), or how to
>> install Sun Java, yet they are all equally shunned subjects in official
>> channels.  That is their right, of course, but it means that fedora
>> users need to be prepared to find information and resources elsewhere.
>
> So there should be an easy way to do this, right?

Yes, many other mail lists have been improved by adding related wikis.
http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net/
are a couple that I know about.  However, this is something of a special
case in that there are reasons for it not to be closely associated with
the project but you still need a single well-known location, at least as
a starting point.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com