Weird RNDIS/BNEP network issue

Andrew Kenton Mitchell andrew.mitchell at wdidata.net
Sat Aug 30 02:48:09 UTC 2008

I am setting up my PAND Daemon and USB RNDIS to my fully patched AT&T
Samsung (SGH-i617) Blackjack II using Fedora 9.

Both of these functions work 100% under *cough* Microsoft WinblowsXP SP3.

However, on my FC9 notebook I can browse freely but can not transfer
more than about 128k either way when handling files.

Does not matter the application in use,

See an example yum error blow:

[root at LTSecond ~]# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Cleaning up Everything
[root at LTSecond ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
livna                                                    | 2.1 kB
00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2                                       | 128 kB
00:32
http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/9/i386/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno
4] Socket Error: timed out
Trying other mirror.

Firewall and selinux are both disabled.

I have attached a TSHARK TCP stack dump of the same above yum session. I
don't see anything useful.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Colonel Andrew Kenton Mitchell, MSISPM, GSAE, RHCE, RHCT, LPI, LPI-2 CCNA, CCNP
Vice President of Global Network Operations and Data Infrastructure
E-mail: andrew.mitchell at wdidata.net
Web: http://www.wdidata.net
Direct Phone: (502) 619-9184 or (859) 619-0078
Direct Fax: (801) 991-5940
Data Center (Toll-Free): 1 (877) 378-1045 (Available 24/7/365 service)

NOTICE: If you have an emergency, contact the data center. Ask the agent handling your call to place a "Priority 1" call to technician 2562.

Messages containing sensitive data may be signed or encrypted using G(nu)PG. If you need more information or a copy of my public key please visit http://andrew.mitchell.wdidata.net/oldsite/contact/#gnupg_public_key for details.