Fedora 9 Freeze At Login

Victor victor_sira at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 18:24:25 UTC 2008

----- Original Message ----

Likely a device driver is causing this.  The good news is that since it's so easy to reproduce you should be able to identify the driver, disable it and then start the usual hardware troubleshooting steps ( new driver, new firmware and so on ).  I recommend booting up, then chvt 1 and wait for the crash to happen and see if the output on the screen shows the problem.

I had a similar problem with my wireless card connecting to WPA cards recently. I simply disable wireless at boot time in the BIOS to see if that was the problem. Once I confirmed this I updated firmware and drivers and the problem went away.

Good luck.

--Victor