Re: USB ehci_hcd where?

Peter Boy wrote:
I just upgraded my Thinkpad T40p from F9 to F10.
I suffer from the well known USB bug. Each time I connect a memory stick
I get the message
  usb 1-4: new high speed USB debice using ehci_hcd ...
  hub 1-0:1.0 unable to enumerate USB device on port 4 (repeated)
and device is not mounted.

In F9 I could remove the module ehci_hcd and the stick mounted.

In F10 ehci_hcd is not in the module list. Does someone know what
happend to it and how I can remove it?

Thanks
Peter

If I recall correctly, USB modules are now built-in to the kernel. You'll always have the module enabled. You should open a bug against the kernel so that your USB issue is fixed.

I've used a T40p with Fedora 9 without any issues with the USB ports. Maybe it's a BIOS issue?