Re: Firefox launcher option %u cause of "Starting Firefox Web Browser" button?

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 13:06 -0800, Allen Halsey wrote:
> Just now I discovered that if create a new launcher and remove the %u
> option from the command, Firefox starts up immediately!

Possibly because Firefox is now cached in memory, and not having to be
loaded from disc, bit by bit (pun intended).  I see no difference to
start up time with or without it.  But the first time Firefox is fired
up, it does take it's own sweet time about it.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.5-41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.