Re: Selinux

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 20:41:51 -0500,
  Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net> wrote:

> So why isn't it much simpler and less trouble to just turn off
> selinux in the first place? I get the same level of security in the
> end, and much less hassle in the meantime :-).

Because you can still leave it protecting other processes on the system
by either using pemissive domains or using audit2allow to generate rules
you can use to add a new policy module.

What would be really nice is if people reported these issues to bugzilla
instead of or in addition to griping about them here. Then either the app
or the policy could be fixed for everyone else.