How to make custom alias in ~.bash_profile work on F10 86_64

Hi Users of Fedora

I added below line to last line fo my ~.bash_profile
   alias l='ls -la'
I logout and login again then try issuing:
   $ l
on command prompt but had no effect. Is there other way to make my custom alias (put in ~.bash_profile) work?

It has no problem if I make an alias in gnome-terminal :
   $ alias l='ls -la'
   $ l
Issuing 'l' command on command prompt will produce the desired result.

Thank you
yunus