Unable to install F10 with kickstart

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 14:38:50 UTC 2008

Laszlo BERES wrote:

> As I read your BZ and earlier posts, you've used manual installation, am
> I right? The way you described works well in interactive mode, but not
> with kickstart.

By the way I looked at the install guide again at
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f10/en_US/sn-automating-installation.html

and noticed that in the kickstart section they include advice that you can
add the kickstart source at the boot line -
linux ks=location/kickstart-file.cfg

However the examples given below that infer that the hard drive definition
is of the form:
ks=hd:/device/directory/ks.cfg

i.e. there is no colon between the device and the directory - so presumably
your original matches this.
So now I am wondering if the advice in the install guide is correct?  In my
case it was not! it would be nice if someone else could confirm a kickstart
works using the .ks file on HD or post any change to the way the file is
defined?

I also note that in the release notes there is a paragraph about http
definition of the ks file:
"2.1.5. Kickstart HTTP issue

When using a Kickstart configuration file via HTTP, kickstart file retrieval
may fail with an error that indicates the file could not be retrieved. Click
the OK button several times without making modifications to override this
error successfully. As a workaround, use one of the other supported methods
to retrieve Kickstart configurations."

Maybe this is biting you also for the kickstart via HD?