Firefox opening broken links when clicking on a link in Thunderbird

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 1 17:41:00 UTC 2008

Thomas Cameron wrote:
> All -
>
> I'm running F10 x86_64, up to date as of today.  My home directory is
> on NFS, and my .mozilla directory is the same one I've used on RHEL 5
> and F9.
>
> When I click on a URL in an e-mail message in Thunderbird, it opens
> wrong.  For instance, I get an e-mail with the link
> http://www.yearone.com/images/email/c146/turkeydayemail.html and I
> click on it.  Firefox opens up
> file:///images/email/c146/turkeydayemail.html and throws a File Not
> Found error.  It seems that the web site is being trimmed for some
> reason.
>
> Anyone seen this before?  Know how to fix it?

Yes in i386 also.
Some websites like linuxtoday.com an lxer.com comes back with Server
can't be found.
I can connect to yahoo.com, redhat.com.
If I goto to my FC8 box I have no problems of connecting to all websites.
I have read on Google Search that probly having problems with IPV6 .
There is a Bug report at bugziila.redhat.com.