Re: F10: too many Network headaches

Andre Costa wrote:

First weird symptom: NetworkManager refuses to allow me to edit settings for eth0. It doesn't ask me for any kind of authentication and simply shows all fields disabled. I don't know why it started doing this, because right after I booted for the first time I was able to edit it. Later on I disabled SELinux, don't know if this is related somehow. This is specially annoying because I can't configure DNS servers this way, and must always edit /etc/resolv.conf manually.

One F10 system installed recently needed a fixed IP, so I gave it one during the install.
NetworkManager works just fine in this case.

Here is a /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 that works:

# Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708S Gigabit Ethernet
# Faked to protect the inno^H^H^H^H company
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=10.1.49.255
DNS1=10.1.10.41