Re: How to make custom alias in ~.bash_profile work on F10 86_64

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 12:02 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> If I remember correctly, you also need to export the alias. See if
> adding "export l" to .bash_profile helps.

Once again, you cannot export aliases. They are not shell variables.
Think of them as limited string macros (limited because they are only
evaluated at the beginning of each line of shell input). The definitions
contained in .bash_profile are not exported, they are *re-evaluated* by
each new instance of the shell.

OTOH you *can* export functions.

poc